Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Rebekah's Daily Supplement Guide


The supplements listed are not intended to diagnose or treat anyone's pathology other than my own. Many of these supplements were self prescribed after reading vast amounts of research, clinical reviews, and dialogue with relative MD, Naturopath, and Holistic Psychiatrist. I am making no definitive conclusions for anyone other than myself.



DETOX oriented supplements:

Yeast/fungal detox by Nature Sunshine/ Alternate next month with Olive Leaf Extract
Heavy Metal Detox by Nature Sunshine
Aloe Vera/Senna colon cleanse by Nature Sunshine
Fiber Smart with probiotics by Renew Life
Pau d'Arco Tea by Traditional Medicinals



Daily Supplements Pre/During/Post Detox

IBS oriented:

Digestive Matrix enzymes by Ray and Terry
Fiber Smart with probiotics
Peppermint Oil by Heather's Tummy tamers (only when symptomatic)
Intestinal Bowel Soother by Renew Life (only when symptomatic)

------------------------
Vitamin D3
Calcium and Magnesium
FISH OIL ( epa 180/ dha 120 mg) 4 grams daily by Ray and Terry
Evening Primrose Oil (GLA source, 1 gram, 1 week pre menses, during, 1 week post)
tumeric extract with bioperine 900 mg
grape seed extract

Dizzy spell and anxiety oriented:
AdreCor by Neuroscience
Kavinace by Neuroscience
Travacor by Neuroscience


The Detox was inspired by how crappy I felt after the holidays but has evolved because my awareness level has increased due to my energy levels being more moderate and consistent.

Therefore, my 30 day sugar detox is evolving more into a day to day let's try to remain apply to my lifestyle eating and behavioral habits that are proving to be maintaining my energy levels at a premium relatively to my functional demands.

Therefore, although I have initiated many lifestyle , cognitive, behavioral changes within the last few years that have proven beneficial, I am noticing on this fast, regardless if it is directly or indirectly related to the fast, a few subjective physiological changes that I am making a mental note of to myself.

1) my MD who is holistic in nature, decided to put me on Travacor, Kavinase, and Adrecor, Calm PRT as part of a protocol to help with my dizzy spells, low energy levels, and high saliva testing of cortisol, anxiety , and inability to sleep. After numerous testing, including CAT scans, heart saver scan, tilt table testing, ACTH testing, and a few more, no one could explain why I was struggling with chronic dizzy spells for almost 2 years now.

After beginning this protocol, within one month- dizzy free for three months until this past month. I started having recurring dizzy spells after the protocol was changed. Dr. S, eliminated the Calm PRT altogether and even downed the dosage on some of the other things. I have not returned to see MD yet therefore, this has not been addressed.

2)IBS symptoms. Noting increases with processed food and cane sugar consumption.

3) chronic pain: joint, spine, muscle. Note: sometimes increases with exercise, sometimes decreases with exercise, increases with increased consumption of processed foods and sugar.


These are the three PRIMARY reasons I initiated the DETOX/no sugar fast.

Therefore, these are the three complaints I am addressing each day. I am trying to just make observations for now with little but some inferences so that I can be constructive with my application/changes to achieve my goals: decrease symptoms...

No comments:

Post a Comment